Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Dreams

I had interesting dreams last night.

I dreamt I was living in an apartment in a building slated for demolition. The rooms were Victorian and it was clear I was the first inhabitant in many years. I was against the demolition. I went to the place they took big things to be demolished. It was a wheel under the ground that the base of the building was affixed. The building or other large object was then rotated into the shredder. I saw them do a building then a stern wheeler ship... they emerged as cubes. Aspen's name was mentioned in this dream as some I could go to help me fight the demolishers... he was head of a "recycle don't demolish" movement. Pretty radical stuff in the world of that dream.

The second dream I had was at the coast visiting a relative/friend I do not know in the non-dream realm. My childhood dog "Ruffles Arf Ruff" was there (I sure was a good dog namer). This person owned ruffles. She was a salty character. The house was white. She told me Bettina had visited with her new boyfriend "Farik" and they left the door open allowing the dog to escape. Bettina's boyfriend did not last with her... he was "young, naive, and too in love" to last. She ground him down pretty quickly.

We went to the fair and I stopped at a place where they sold lots of leather goods including some interesting fetish gear. I sat down. A woman in a yellow shirt with white short shorts was teasing the guys. She pulled up her top revealing many tattoos and put her chest in my face and squeezed her breasts together. I was chewing bubble gum. A string of it got stuck to one of her breasts. She was not pleased and said ooooooooo and walked away. I tried to dig up some feeling about this whole situation but could not. I decided to get rid of the bubble gum. It kept coming out... some endless wad of the stuff.

I drove with my relative along the coast and looked down at houses. I decided that I would build a house if I could there in Tillamook.

In the non dream world...

I have my first "date" since leaving Bettina. I know the girl from the meditation weekends. She is very nice (not that any of the "nice telling" instinct is at all to be trusted in me). She is pretty and a bit young. She teaches parents who speak only Spanish how to connect with authorities and get social services for their family. She speaks Spanish fluently. I can tell she has some passion in her. (I have decided that is the "passion telling" instinct that works better in me... People who have no real creative or caring passion are often manipulative).

Who knows where it would go. I hope a friendship will blossom out of it. I really need one on one, face to face, open time with someone these days. That time where people focus on each other. I am so odd on so many levels... I hope that can happen at some point.

No comments: